Sunday, February 14, 2010

Ta da!

Finally! I have gotten all of the things done that I wanted to do about a month ago! I didn’t think I would get them done in one weekend, but I didn’t think it would take a month! It’s okay though because I’m really happy with everything!

IMG_5079

IMG_5083

I had made an attempt to make this simple curtain panel for our back door window and it looked okay, but I just don’t know how to cut straight or measure apparently. So I asked my mother in law to help and it looks great! She whipped it up on her sewing machine and I love it! I just used magnetic curtain rods from Lowes and the fabric is a dark brown suede and I really like it.IMG_5087

IMG_5084

This was something I didn’t really plan and I’m definitely not finished with, but I found these candlesticks and glass vases at Savers awhile ago and I made them into these! The candlesticks were a sick gold/copper color so I spray painted them then glued the vases on top.

I also made this key frame thingie. I have seen it on a bunch of blogs and I really like it! I got the keys at Tai Pan for $3.99 and the frame at Savers for $1.99. I spray painted the frame and glued the keys to burlap and put it in the frame! I think it looks awesome. I still need to get something to put in the green vase and maybe paint this table or get my own if my mom makes me give it back to her :).

IMG_5086IMG_5075

I finally got some pictures on our wall going up the stairs and I also really like them. I used vinyl lettering and just put some cute pictures of us in the frames. I still want to add some more frames and also make a frame with the letter H in the middle like a monogram.IMG_5076

And last but not least, the bathroom is complete! Woo hoo! Here are the only before pictures that I had. 3 of the walls were a blueish color and one wall was white with spackle everywhere. Awesome. There was a huge towel bar that kept falling off and it really served no purpose because it’s a half bath.

IMG_4530 IMG_4531 And here are the after pics! It’s really hard to get a good picture in a small bathroom and it’s hard to show the real color, but it’s a burnt orange color called Chai Spice from Behr. I love having color on the walls and I think this looks great!

IMG_5048

I saw this cool vinyl sticker on an etsy shop then had someone make it for me.

IMG_5050

I got new fixtures for the toilet paper, toilet and towel ring. I got them online from plumbersurplus.com. I’m really happy with them and they were cheap!

IMG_5055

Above the toilet I spray painted some brown things I found at Hobby Lobby.

IMG_5054 IMG_5053

We installed crown molding and I think it turned out really awesome. I used corner blocks so I didn’t have to worry about angles and stuff. We used a nail gun which was AWESOME.

IMG_5056

We framed the mirror with molding and I love it! I saw it on some blogs and I’m so glad I did it! We just used a fast setting epoxy glue and glued it right on top of the mirror. It makes such a big difference and looks a lot nicer.

IMG_5064 IMG_5062 IMG_5067

I forgot to take a pic of the new towel ring and towel next to the sink. The towel is white with orange stripes on the bottom.

We’re really happy with the bathroom and it was a lot of fun! I can’t wait to start on the next project!


Making

DIY Day @ ASPTL

14 comments:

Lanea Sampson said...

Wow--everything looks great, sweetie! Did you paint all the walls the same color or is one lighter? It's hard to tell in the pictures. I love everything-can't wait to see it in person! Love you!

Blakelee and Michael Ellis said...

okay, love the bathroom! When I have a house, I'm hiring you to come work your magic. You are amazing Mrs. Hill. Nice job!

CMHill said...

looks great. gladyou were able to finish what you wanted

Shell said...

Yahoo!!! Everything looks FABULOUS! I am just so proud of you Haley;-) No, the bathroom really does just look great! I want to come see your house again. I should come play soon.

Brigitte said...

Haley, everything looks great! I know I keep saying this, but I need to come see your house, (and get some decorating idea's ;) ).
~Brigitte

Kaysi said...

Wow everything look great! I love the orange in the bathroom and the vinyl flowers in there.

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Wow - you have been busy! I love your projects! Your curtain looks great. And you key project is adorable. I love your half bath redo too. What a cute vinyl decoration. Wow!

Thanks for linking up!!!

XOOX
Jen

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

You have been busy! I love the orange walls--yummy!

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

I have almost the exact same paint in my powder room and I LOVE it! It's like a little jewel box in the middle of our house. You did a wonderful job ... the paint looks great against your vanity and countertop!

Julie P. said...

The house looks fabulous! Love it!

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

you've been very busy! Everything looks so nice. Now it's time to just sit back and smile! :)
gail

Andy Porter said...

Looks like project heaven at your place! I love the color of the bath! It looks cute with the white vinyl! You've got a great eye for decor! Everything looks wonderful!

Lil Mama Stuart said...

I was just at Home Depot and Menards this weekend looking for moulding to frame out my bathroom mirror too. Didn't see anything I liked though :( Any tips on how you found yours? I like it!

Jetted Bathtubs said...

The orange is very crisp. I like the contrast between the walls and ceiling.