Friday, February 12, 2010

Crazy Busy

This week has been pretty dang busy for us, but it has been a lot of fun. We have had stuff going on almost every night and we have gotten to see a lot of cute kiddies which we love!

Sunday we went to West Jordan for the monthly family dinner at Dan’s parents house. It was a party as usual and we haven’t seen people for awhile so it was fun. We also watched the super bowl and pigged out!

Monday we had Julie, Wellyn and new baby Everett over for dinner and hanging out since Jon was in Chicago for business. We had a lot of fun and Dan and Wellyn love playing together! That kid is crazy and they are funny together. I love holding the sweet baby and I didn’t want to give him back to Julie!

Tuesday we had a break and just chilled! Woo hoo!

Wednesday we drove to West Jordan to see Dan’s cousin who just got home from his mission. The whole family was over for yummy dinner and once again I held Everett most of the time and had fun playing with my cute nieces and nephews.

Thursday we drove to Logan for Thad’s first birthday. It was fun to see our friends and their cute kids and the party was fun.

Friday we’re babysitting for Jon and Julie while they go to a neighborhood party. We love Wellyn and Everett!

Saturday Dan has to work but I’m going to baby site Addy (4) and Mia (9 months) for Ben and Becky while they see family in Layton. I love this sweet girls and can’t wait to talk princesses and fairies with Addy and check out her new gymnastics tricks. She loves the sick fairy room we have in our house that we haven’t painted yet from the previous owners. :) It should be a fun day!

Sunday we’re going to West Jordan again for Dan’s cousin’s homecoming!

Sheesh! It has been (and will be) quite a week but it has also been fun! We are still training for the Wasatch Back race and we have found time to still run this week, but Dan has a deep bruise on his heel that has been bothering him a lot. It has been good for us to train and I have enjoyed having a goal to work towards and it’s exciting to see my progress each week!

I wa nted to share a quick thought about something I have been trying to focus on the past few weeks that has made a big difference in my life. I have been really aware of how blessed I am to have such a great life and so many wonderful blessings. This is made even more clear to me when I watch the news and see so many people in the world who struggle. We are healthy, happy and have wonderful family and friends around us. We’re working and going to school and are so blessed to have these things in our lives. I have really been aware of that the past few weeks and I’ve been trying to be more aware of all that I have instead of focusing on the things that I don’t have or things that I want. slowdown

I think this change of attitude has made a huge difference in my life and hopefully made me think of others more and be less selfish. Even with little things like getting frustrated at someone while driving (which I do a lot), I have tried to think about the other person in the car and wonder what their lives are like and I’m reminded not to be angry or impatient, but just relax and enjoy life. That is something I want to try to do better and I hope that whoever reads this tries to do the same in your lives as well because it will help make you a happier and more grateful person.

No comments: