Holy bananas, we are back!!! We got back from our ridiculously awesome trip to Puerto Rico last night and we are back at work today. Barf. But the trip was incredible and I will be posting a ton of pictures and information about our adventures as soon as I get some time to download and edit the pictures. We haven’t even unpacked yet because we were traveling for 16 hours yesterday and got home at 9:30 last night and went straight to bed!
Here are some of the highlights of the trip:
- Staying in a hotel on the beach and hearing the waves crashing all night
- Below is the view from our hotel where we ate breakfast every morning! Amazing
- All day snorkel trip to the most beautiful islands I have ever seen
- We went to Palominito (below) and it was incredible! They used it to film the last scene of Pirates of the Caribbean where he gets stuck on the island. It was amazing.
- Ziplining in El Yunque rain forest
- Hike and swim to La Mina falls waterfall in the rain forest
- Driving our tiny blue 2 door Toyota Yaris all over Puerto Rico (seriously an adventure)
- Enjoying the view from our condo in Rincon looking out at the ocean
- Wandering around Old San Juan
- Bio Bay Tour in Vieques-this still seems like it was magic or fake; it was incredible!
- Being completely alone on several different beaches
- Going to church at a branch in Luquillo-the most amazing and humbling experience ever
- Surfing lessons
- Dan constantly worrying about sharks (he is both totally interested and terrified of sharks!)
- Hearing the coqui frogs at night everywhere we went
- Watching surfers in Rincon and then realizing there were whales out behind the surfers and watching the whales breach several times
- A lot of sunshine, salt, and sunburns