Wednesday, November 3, 2010

stencil love.

I think stencils are awesome and I have seen so many amazing projects on tons of different blogs. I have wanted to try it out myself and now is the time!

IMG_4200                      

The above image is from isabellaandmaxrooms.blogspot.com. She honestly has the most amazingly beautiful home I have ever seen! It’s totally my style and I absolutely love everything she does :) I copy her a lot.

                            IMG_6831

She also stenciled these trays and they look very cool.

IMG_4117                       

She has this cool fireplace and the wall above it sticks out a bit and she stenciled on that part of the wall. She also has this awesome antler head-thing that is totally random but looks amazing!

WallDetail

She used the same stencil in her master bathroom.

IMG_7460-1 

Here are some other really cool stencil projects that I have been drooling over.

trellisafter_thumb cgheadboard_thumb2

So here is the one I am going to attempt to copy in our master bedroom! I’m only going to do the accent wall that I painted darker (the one our bed is against), but I’m so excited!

officeentrynew_thumb1 

I know it’s going to take forever to trace the stencil (which I have already made and cut out of sturdy cardboard) and then fill it all in, but I think it will be worth it!

IMG_4384_thumb

Dan thinks I’m totally crazy and I will regret it, but I have no problem taking my time and working on it a little bit at a time.

IMG_4379_thumb

I’m going to do it a little more subtle than she did in these pictures and use a color a few shades lighter than my walls and maybe add a pearlescent color to it so it has a slight shimmer like some of the pics above.                    

IMG_2277_thumb

Here is the finished product from jonesdesigncompany.com. Check out her whole house-I love it!

wall_thumb1

So what do you think? Am I way crazy? Is it going to look amazing or will I regret it? Worst case scenario: repaint the wall! Yay! I can’t wait to get started…now if I only had to work 5 hours a day that would be perfect….

If it works out I may just add a stencil in our “nook” where our built in desk is in the kitchen/family room area!

9 comments:

Shell said...

Why isn't there an easier way to do it? I don't think you'll regret it, but I think I would die if I ever did a project like that. Barf. I think it will look AWESOME though!

Becky Green said...

Way cool! Can't wait to try that myself one day :) I've seen people do it with a stencil and sponge though too. And a stencil and a roller brush. That way you don't have to hand paint each stencil.

The Fauxes said...

Yes you are crazy! No - you won't regret it! I love all your home decorating tips. I'm definitely going to do that stuff when I have a house.

Stencil Search said...

The beauty of using a stencil is that it makes a repetitive job easier. Why trace and hand paint? If you use a proper stenciling technique you can save yourself so much time!

If you're new to stenciling, practice on some poster board base painted with your room's wall paint. Then use a dense foam roller and a roller stenciling technique. The MOST important thing to remember is that stenciling is a dry brush (or in this case, dry roller) technique. Offload your roller and you will avoid run unders. Check out Cutting Edge Stencils website -- they have some good step by step instructions on how to roller stencil.

Mayce and Ethan said...

I think we drool over the same blog projects because I have been wanting to stencil my bathroom - of course I won't because I'm in an apartment but if I were you I would totally go for it! The great thing is that if you hate it all you have to do is paint over it but I really think it will turn out amazing. You definitely have an eye for decorating and making things look good. Have fun and good luck!

Nicole S. said...

DO IT! I don't think you will regret it. Yes, it will be a lot of work but it will look awesome when you are done!

BreakingDawn said...

Couldn't you just find wallpaper with a smilar pattern? A lot of work and a lot of patience! Good luck!

The Millers said...

I think it will look great. I just bought a rug with that exact same pattern and I love it, I'm sure the stencil will look great too. If anyone can do it you can!

Amanda said...

That looks so cool! I can't wait to see the finished project.